Welcome to Grade 4/5
Teacher: Miss Ball
Welcome to my class page! We have been having a great year so far! I can’t believe there are only 3 short months left until the end of the school year. Here are a few reminders:
- Students have weekly homework – spelling packets that I assign Monday and are due on Friday.
- We have a spelling quiz every Friday morning.
- There are OPTIONAL math fact worksheets that are being sent home. Students who complete these will have their name entered into a draw to win 1) A $25.00 gift card from Wal-Mart, 2) A $10.00 scholastic voucher 3) A $5.00 scholastic voucher at the end of every month.
- Don’t forget to sign up to our class dojo page –
- SCHOLASTIC orders for April have been sent out – send in the money and your choices by April 13th.
VALUES: As a class we are learning different values. So far students have learned about Empathy and what it means to be empathetic. We have been learning about respect and cooperation. Presently, we are learning about perseverance – not giving up and always trying your best.
Language Arts: In ELA, students are learning how to summarize main ideas, use sensory words in their writing, sequence text patterns and conventions of a postcard.
They are working on a superhero writing assignment and we are reading a class novel: Because of Winn-Dixie
Math: We are learning about multiplication and division. Students should spend time practicing their math facts.
Science: Properties of light
Social Studies: Ancient Civilizations – so far we have learned about Ancient Egypt. We have talked about mummies, tombs and King Tut. We have also talked about Archaeologists and what they do for a living.
Drama – Warm up drama activities, role play, cooperative listening